Certified Green Star and Equivalency Assessments
EcoForm have experience in a large range of developments - no matter how big or what materials are being used, we have you covered.
Green Star Services
Green Star is a national rating system for buildings and communities that goes beyond the requirements of the Building Code with the aim of establishing buildings and communities that use less power and water as well as promote healthier places to work and live.
There may be a number of reasons why you are interested in a Green Star Assessment and wish to engage in our services:
- Your development is in a Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority area and you need an accredited Green Star Consultant to comply with their requirements.
- Your development is for a government body and they have requested a minimum Green Star level.
- Your development guidelines mandate a minimum Green Star Rating.
- You or your client wish to ensure the development is sustainable and liveable and take advantage of the benefits listed below.
Some of the benefits of having your project assessed against the Green Star criteria are:
- Lower operating costs
- Higher return on investment
- Attract and retain tenants
- Enhanced marketability
- Productivity benefits
- Reduced liability and risk
- Healthier places to live and work
- Demonstration of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Future-proofed assets
- Competitive advantage
Whatever your reason, we are here to help. Our Green Star services can be provided along with our other Sustainable and Energy Efficiency services, such as Section J compliance and 6 Star Energy Efficiency report or separately.
Existing House Energy Audits
An accredited Green Star Consultants assessor will visit your home to conduct a thorough on-site assessment. They will collect data covering: construction materials, your hot water system, heating, cooling, lighting and any renewable energy sources.
At the end of the assessment our assessor will provide your home’s star rating and rate various elements of your home, such as the building itself and major appliances, along with the performance of your home in hot weather.
We will then provide you with practical options to improve your home’s energy efficiency.
Life Cycle Analysis (LCA)
Life cycle analysis (LCA) is a method used to evaluate the environmental impact of a product through its life cycle encompassing extraction and processing of the raw materials, manufacturing, distribution, use, recycling, and final disposal.
In regards to commercial building, EcoForm is able to determine how much of an impact your building is having on the surrounding environment.